Rhiwbina Library is now being refurbished to create the latest in the City’s network of Community Hubs. This is being funded by:
- Welsh Government Integrated Care Fund
- Museums, Archives and Libraries Division Fund
The aim of the project is to secure the ongoing sustainability of this venue. We want to deliver a modern library service alongside a range of other services provided by the Council and partner organisations. This will build on the achievements of our Community Hubs Programme, which already offers joint library and hub services in a number of priority areas.
The works being undertaken will lead to:
- New and improved reception facilities
- Dementia friendly internal redecoration throughout the public space, including new library shelving and seating areas
- Additional meeting space to accommodate both service delivery and community activities
- Refurbished public toilets to meet current accessibility standards
- Improved IT facilities and Wi-Fi coverage
- Creation of an attractive and usable outdoor space
- Improvements to the external elevations of the building
Our contractor, John Weaver (Construction) Limited, started work during the first week of May, and it is expected that the new Community Hub will be open to the public by early November 2022. By clicking on the panels on this page, you will see our refurbishment proposals to transform the building.